In the Explorer search box enter datemodified: and select an appropriate range.
Using the Azure Point-to-Site VPN client we could establish a connection to servers using the FQDN only anything else would fail with a Username could not be found error which the main issue was the fact it broke GPO processing as the GPO looks at the \\domain.local DFS location rather than DC by FQDN.
Following website has pointed me in the right direction
When I run the command cmdkey.exe /delete /ras everything works correctly again
I did try to edit the pbk and change the UseRaSCredentials=0 but it didn’t seem to work for me. Still have to manually run the command above once established but I can easily fire this from a custom scheduled task
For some reason the DNS servers for the connecting VPN client do not get used and this caused problems especially as the internal AD domain suffix was split brain DNS and was getting resolved externally first.
After trying various things including registry hacks removing IPv6 etc I found out that it worked fine as long as I specified a default DNS server and used a named connection suffix.
Downside is that this is useless as I wanted to leverage DHCP wherever I may be and hard coding DNS servers would become a problem when roaming between internally and externally.
I finally found that all I had to do was change the metric on the network interface. For both ipv4 AND ipv6 remove automatic metric and set to 100. After this, no problems.
Useful resource here
I couldn’t sysprep a brand new Win 7 image fully loaded with the latest Windows updates.
Fatal error on running and checking the SETUPERR.LOG pointed to a problem with drmv2clt.dll and after stopping/disabling the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service worked fine afterwards.
Windows 10 with the latest updates now appears to cause the SYSPREP to fail due to some of the installed apps. The error log points you to the offending items in the system32\sysprep\panther\setuperr.log file. I had to remove the packages one by one and SYSPREP would then fail at the next one in the list.
I only had 3 to remove to get SYSPREP working again using following PowerShell
Get-AppxPackage *candy* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
Useful to find out if users are caching/syncing with server resource about to be retired
Get-WmiObject Win32_OfflineFilesItem -filter “itemname = ‘\\\\SERVER'” | ft itempath
The following highlights all offline folder shares
Get-WmiObject Win32_OfflineFilesItem -filter “itemtype=2” | ft itempath
Both need to be ran under the context of the user but results could easily be piped locally or to a network share